Submit Your Article Naruto Lounge
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: YGOPro for Mac

Every1 wants to be happy Hashimoto Nyanki's Avatar
    Nyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura about
    Awards: 8
    Awarded the 'Best RPer Award' for being the best RolePlayer [December 2010].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [August 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [July 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [May & June 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [March & April 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [December 2010].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [November 2010].Awarded the 'Sensei Award' for being the most helpful member [May & June 2011].

YGOPro for Mac

For Mac OS X, I made a Wineskin port of the free Yu-Gi-Oh! dueling program YGOPro, originally made by Fluorohydride. This is for Percival18's version of it.

My friends and I have enjoyed it. It may not be perfect, but it works. Hopefully, if you use a Mac, it also works for you.

I am not affiliated with Percival18, Fluorohydride, or YGOPro in any way. I am just some person who thought I'd help my friends and others who have Mac OS X play so we can all play together. The official links to those guys are below.

Percival18 (Percy)
    http://www.ygopro.co/

Fluorohydride
    https://github.com/Fluorohydride/ygopro/downloads

NyankiBlank
    System Requirements: 10.5 (Leopard) or higher. May or may not work with PPC Macs.
    Released: January 10, 2013

This is my final release of my port of YGOPro Percy for Mac. However, this release is setup so that you have the Wineskin wrapper and can set it up yourself. So, you can get the newest releases as soon as you can download Percy's Windows version. So long as the program doesn't change drastically, this should continue to work.

I have tried to prepare for all circumstances. The "troubleshoot" file included should help solve most, if not all, problems. However, keep in mind that any problems the Windows version has, this port will also have, such as the crashing problem.

xXTheLord96Xx makes a Wineskin port of YGOPro Percy if you would rather use theirs.

Full Download
    Everyone must do this at least once. If you haven't yet or don't know what to do, this is the right one for you.
    1. Download and install Keka: http://www.kekaosx.com/
    2. Download the right NyankiBlank YGOPro wrapper for your computer.
    3. Download the archive of the full version of YGOPro Percy for Windows from here: http://www.ygopro.co/Download.aspx
    4. Watch this video

Updating from Previous Version
    Already did the full download and the next version came out? Follow these steps.
    1. Download the archive of the update for the next YGOPro Percy for Windows from here: http://www.ygopro.co/Download.aspx
      Remember, you need to have the version just before it.
    2. Watch this video

Updating from an Older Version
    Miss an update? Then follow this.
    1. Follow Full Download steps to make a new/second port app of the current YGOPro Percy version.
    2. Copy over decks, replays, etc., as shown in this video

Note: If you wish to share this with others, you are welcome to. However, I request that you link to this thread on TalkNaruto rather than just give the download link.

Also, I claim no responsibility for anything that may possibly go wrong. With that said, please do not use the download beyond any directions given.

Discuss the game here: http://www.talknaruto.com/naruto/sho...ueling-System)
    Last edited by Kuro Nagashi; 01-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.

coup d'état Kurogane

Awards: 1
    Awarded the 'Best Debater Award' for being the best debater [January 2011].
    Thanks so much Stacy! I downloaded your port and it works great (: There was a little bit of a hassle for me at first because I didn't have the right software to extract the .zip file, but once I downloading software for that, everything went smoothly

+rep
    Last edited by GangstaKage; 07-23-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Old, but I'm not that old. Young, but I'm not that bold.
    Spoiler

Nyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura aboutNyanki has a spectacular aura about
    Awarded the 'Best RPer Award' for being the best RolePlayer [December 2010].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [August 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [July 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [May & June 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [March & April 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [December 2010].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [November 2010].Awarded the 'Sensei Award' for being the most helpful member [May & June 2011].
    Yeah, 7-Zip is not used so much, but it shrunk the whole thing down from well over 1GB to about 300MB, which is not only easier to upload but easier to download. Considering Kaiba Corporation has made it that you have to redownload the full thing each time, it makes the entire process easier in the long run.

With that said, so long as there isn't an official Mac version from Kaiba Corporation and somebody here wants it, I'll try to release new versions when they come out. Just somebody help me know when I need to do so.

Keka is a good, free program, for those who don't have something for 7-Zip. (I probably should've thought to list it before >.<)

Anyway, I'm really glad it works for you. Now you can come play with all of us and chat it up in that thread.

--------------

Update

I have reuploaded the whole thing after making some changes (spelling corrections >_>) to the READ ME file. I also uploaded it to Mediafire in two parts due to free file limits there, but I think it will download much faster than Rapidshare. Choose whichever site works better for you.

Also, I put together a version that comes with two premade decks: one based on Yugi's structure deck and one based on Kaiba's. I replaced banned and limited cards the best I could. It's just something for jumping right into playing, with cards many fans should know, whether they really got into it or not.
    Last edited by Nyanki; 07-23-2012 at 11:35 PM.

WhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteFang is a glorious beacon of light
    Awards: 7
    Awarded the 'Best Poster Award' for making the best quality posts [July 2011].Awarded the 'Best Poet Award' for being the best poet [May & June 2011].Awarded the 'Best RPer Award' for being the best RolePlayer [July 2011].Awarded the 'Best RP Quote' for making the best character quote [May & June 2011].Awarded the 'Sensei Award' for being the most helpful member [December 2010].Awarded the 'Best BD Mod' for Winning the themed 'Best Battledomer' weekly battle [by winning one 3-way weekly battle].Awarded the 'Queen of Global Central' for Winning the Global Central Battle Royale!.
    Wow, awesome job you've done there, Stacy. As always. Yu-Gi-OH looks a lot like Duel Masters - maybe I should get into it, considering how much I liked (still do like) DM.

Version 1.8.0.1324

If you've been keeping an eye on the thread, I've been adding the new Mediafire uploads piece-by-piece over the past hour as I've uploaded them. This is what, an hour and a half after Kaiba Corporation released it? Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

As you can see, it takes time for me to download the original file, and time for me to fix it to work on Macs. And then even more time for me to upload it. The sooner I get the heads up that an update is happening, the better. Because I need the time to do it.

This new version also fixes the problem I was having on my own Mac, which I removed from the video. Perhaps it was actually something wrong with YGOPRO that my particular computer didn't like. Who knows, I just know it works for me without doing extra steps. Hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, I'll share the solution I used.

I will work on a video that shows how to copy decks from a previous version to a current version. Keep an eye out if that's something you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
    Wow, awesome job you've done there, Stacy. As always. Yu-Gi-OH looks a lot like Duel Masters - maybe I should get into it, considering how much I liked (still do like) DM.
    Thank you.

Well, we certainly will all help you out. I didn't remember all that much when I first started on this again, but in time, I'm getting better and better. The best part though is playing with your friends, like the TN peeps here. That really makes it a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Nyanki; 07-26-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo >_>

Just downloaded Stacy's new patch and it works great with Lion xD

Awesome work Stac!

"Most creative people tend to be both introverted and extroverted.
    Many people tend toward one extreme or the other,
    but highly creative people are a balance of both simultaneously."

Video for how to add or copy decks (and more) from one game to another.

Also, sucky news. It turns out I still have to use the workaround I had been using. See, the problem I have with mine is that the screen would be black for the deck build screen, replay screen, and duels in normal mode, but not a special test run mode. However, both should be the same, which is apparently a "rare" issue. Everything works fine now, except for duels, so there's likely something in the coding my Mac doesn't like. However, two members above have tried it with no problems, so I think that it is a problem with (hopefully) only this computer of mine. Maybe the next version will fix the problem totally, but for now, if anyone else has any problems, just post so here, and I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Just downloaded Stacy's new patch and it works great with Lion xD

Awesome work Stac!
    Great to know! So then it should work for Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion. I will have to update my read me file in the next release to say so! Thank you very much.

I hope you have fun.

07/28 Update

I have released a pack that will allow you to run the different executable files (.exe, which many Windows programs use) provided in the original Windows version of YGOPRO: The Dawn of a New Era. It requires some work on your part, but it works! The download is below, as well as the tutorial video.

YGOPRO Mac Mode Switch Pack
    Version: 1.8.0.1324
    Download Link: Mediafire

As it says in the read me file:
    There may be some issues using both the YGOPRO VS 2 and YGOPRO VS 2 (Anime) folder files or exiting the replay screen. It is likely to be due to problems with the coding of the game itself that may hopefully be remedied in a future release from Kaiba Corporation. However, feel free to try them yourself and see. Feedback would be appreciated.
    YGOPRO VS.2.exe, both normal and anime, is the version of the game with sound effects. So this may apply for you when you are playing the game normally and you either have sound enabled or are in a screen with sound pre-enabled.
    Last edited by Nyanki; 07-28-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Academy Student

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanki View Post
    Hey zerojohnnyx! Good to see you, and good to see it's all working for you.

I was trying to figure out Hamachi myself earlier while the server was being funky. Turns out everyone who wants to play on it needs to get it. The server came back before I could keep going, so xD. I found the following thread though on how to use it on the Kaiba Corporation site, although it's not very detailed. You could ask some questions there, although I'm sure some of the steps may be different for Mac. I found a video too, but it wasn't that much help with how to set it up, but maybe you can find use for it.

http://www.kc-ladder.com/forum/viewt...ceb4dea8c60a0b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd58bv21ZA

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanki View Post
    I'm going to put together a little pack with a video to go with it so that you and other Mac folk can get to the LAN mode of YGOPRO like the Windows users can. It'll take me a little bit to put it together, but I'll try to get it up soon.

Done. http://www.talknaruto.com/naruto/sho...=1#post1186089

Now all the Mac people can edit decks and watch replays when the server is down, and they can use LAN mode too.
    Thanks, I'm checking it out...now, I just need to figure out these yrp files...so that I can try to edit the video or something. The LAN mode seems really interesting. It'll probably be a while before I try that out though. Thanks for all the links.

Alright, let me know if you can figure it out if you go for it.

.yrp files are the ones for game replays. Is there anything concerning them that I could help you with?
    Last edited by Nyanki; 07-31-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Academy Student

I was wondering how do they upload the vids that I've seen onto youtube, but I am pretty sure people just play the replay and just use their own way of making a vid though a screen cap (which I can do).